POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seven dots show the sky : Re: Seven dots show the sky Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seven dots show the sky
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 23 Nov 2002 15:27:35
Message: <20021123212734.47aaf0b5.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:55:37 +0100
"Philippe Debar" <phd### [at] wanadoobe> wrote:

> I am not sure about al : it surely isn't the surface of the area

  Yes, it's badly commented... it tries to be sqrt(sqrt(area)).

> you could have problem with square roots of negative numbers (you can
> fix that with abs, but there are several different ways to do that and
> they would produce quite different results, so...).

  I do not expect negative numbers on area light vectors!

> #local al=vlength(ala1)*vlength(ala2);

  Thanks! ...my maths are really poor.

> #local al=vlength(vdot(ala1,ala2));

  Hmmm... sorry, as I said my maths are really bad: I can understand
the prior form (vlength*vlength), but this one scapes me, and gives
always 0. There is a typo?

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia