POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seven dots show the sky : Re: Seven dots show the sky Server Time
14 Aug 2024 13:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seven dots show the sky
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Nov 2002 14:56:10
Message: <20021120205609.442b7dce.jaimevives@ignorancia.org>
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:01:24 +0100
"Philippe Debar" <phd### [at] wanadoobe> wrote:

> Right now, I only use COLOR_FILTER and REF_WHITE to transform the
> sky's colors. I don't have any idea (yet) of how to integrate
> MAX_LUMEN. I guess I need to learn a bit more scientific knowledge.

  Well, actually the MAX_LUMENS variable was a weird idea. I changed it
to a simple multiplier, now called EXPOSURE, as it was only a way to
control the overall level of light on the scene. I've also done some
minor changes and corrected some mistakes on the conversion algoritm,
but I've not announced the new version because I'm still muddling along
with some things (http://www.ignorancia.org/t_lightsys.php).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia