POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Teaching a monkey to chew gum : Re: Teaching a monkey to chew gum Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teaching a monkey to chew gum
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 21 Oct 2002 04:01:30
Message: <20021021132500.7c0f168c.kedarDELETE_THIS@patilkedar.com>
On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:54:45 -0500, hughes, b. typed something
like this:

> Haha! Dump DivX maybe...

I guess it's time someone makes a quality video player for
Windows.  I have had no problems with any of the postings so far
with MPlayer on Linux.

> Looks like the mouth separates too much from the nose when it
> opens,  in profile view. Or it could be that since the nose is
> so stationary it looks odd.

Now that you said it, I realize that the stationary nose is what
was troubling me too :-)

Greg, the animation is quite promising.  Are you working on some
facial expressions as well?  If so then Paul Ekman's FACS might
interest you (maybe you know it already).
http://dataface.nirc.com/Expression/FACS/New_Version/new_version.html

So sad that it is not freely available. But one can get some idea
at http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/face/www/facs.htm

-Kedar