POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass thing on stand (v2) : Re: Glass thing on stand (v2) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass thing on stand (v2)
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 3 Oct 2002 04:14:14
Message: <20021003134022.623f0d3f.kedarDELETE_THIS@patilkedar.com>
> I agreed with Christopher Huff's comments.  So here is another
> render.
>
> I made the stand a little thinner, changed the floor to use a
> hexagon texture, and threw in some turbulence for good measure.
> I also made the floor reflective, but that may have been a
> mistake.:-/

This is nice but I liked your earlier image better.  It had a lot
of things to look at.  The photon thingies were at perfect
positions on the floor, just overlapping the base ring.  The
bright spot of light on the floor didn't distract.  The
reflections/refractions were more "filled up" inside the glass.

Maybe you have made the stand too thin.  Also the feeling in the
earlier image -- the glass is about to slip from the stand -- was
nice.  But probably that's only my imagination.

You might be right about the reflective floor being a mistake.
Please try reducing the reflection.

> And for those that may have wondered about the actual shape of
> the glass 'thing'. I've attached a second image, without the
> glass texture.

I was the one who asked for the shape.  Thanks for the image!

-Kedar