POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oh dear! [Image ~ 40KB] : Re: Larger version [~100KB] Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:11:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Larger version [~100KB]
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 25 Sep 2002 01:23:20
Message: <20020925105046.03b8416a.kedarDELETE_THIS@patilkedar.com>
On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:46:55 +0100 "Andrew Coppin" wrote:

> OK, so I'm posting a bigger version.

It is cool!  What were you ashamed of?!!!

> As regards file format, AFAIK, PNG is the most effective
> lossless compression currently availible.

That is fine.  But we don't care much about losses here, right?
Bandwidth is precious, at least for me :)  And you can keep the
lossless image on some web server and post the URL, if needed.

> Oh, and to however said I shouldn't even have  MS Paint
> installed... well how else am I gonna change file formats? ;-)
> Paint is the only image editor I have! <sob> And no, you can't
> adjust the quality settings when saving JPEG, so this is gonna
> look pretty horrible 8^S

Use GIMP, it is good and it won't cost you anything (except
probably download time).  Have you heard about "Irfanview"?

About the image -- It is a nice work.  Keep it up and keep more
coming. I particularly liked the bubble intersecting with "B"
there. A little more light thrown on the front face of text would
be nice though.

-Kedar