POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth Textures v0.11 : Re: Cloth Textures v0.11 Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth Textures v0.11
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 18 Sep 2002 03:59:13
Message: <20020918132643.55030252.kedarDELETE_THIS@patilkedar.com>
Hi,

I want to thank you all again for your comments and suggestions
and quick pointers.

Here is a final render (for the time being).  I won't be posting
any more images until I improve my macros further.  Unfortunately
I cannot put much time into this on weekdays.

Anyways, see the attached image.  I feel that the cloth is more
smooth and that the "real" texture shows up now (as Hugo said it
would).  There is still a bit of moire at the center of the image
on top of the (non-existant) table.  But that is not very bad,
IMO.

I have used +R4, so render time shot to 1 hour and 58 minutes.
Maybe 4 was an overkill, 3 might do it as well.

Next time I will try other suggestions including the focal blur
instead of AA.  And to Jaime:  It was your work that got me
started in textures.  I looked at your apples and instantly got
inspired (read jealous)!  I am pleased that you liked my idea.

-Kedar

PS  BTW, don't mind the "manufacturing" defects in cloth at the
table edges.  Actually, I have started *liking* them.  Something
away from the usual "rendered perfection" :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cloth3.jpg' (87 KB)

Preview of image 'cloth3.jpg'