POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cloth Textures v0.11 : Re: Cloth Textures v0.11 (on Table Cloth) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:13:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth Textures v0.11 (on Table Cloth)
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 17 Sep 2002 03:07:43
Message: <20020917123528.3a2e8038.kedarDELETE_THIS@patilkedar.com>
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:57:27 -0400 "Aaron Gillies" <no### [at] spamcom>
wrote:

> Congratulations ...

Thank you.

> Amazing.  I take back what I said before about needing
> something else.  This looks great when applied to the right
> object.

Thanks again.  That's what I hoped and hence I had asked for a uv
mesh to test it :)

But no need to take your words back.  I gave it a thought last
night and I think some randomness should help when the textures
are used at larger scale.  As of now the slopes and normals are
crude and uniform.  Large scale textures (thick threads) would
look bad; for example an easy-chair which Batronyx wanted to do.

-Kedar