POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Cloth Textures : WIP Cloth Textures Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  WIP Cloth Textures
From: Kedar Patil
Date: 7 Sep 2002 14:07:08
Message: <20020907233554.4f44078b.kedarDELETE_THIS@patilkedar.com>
Hi Everybody,

I am currently working on (woven) cloth texture macros and some
preliminary results are in the attached image.  Currently I have
macros for pigments and I am planning to write macros for
normals.

The pigments on the sphere, the box, and the bicubic_patch are
entirely procedural.  The weave pattern, colors of threads,
widths of threads and gaps between threads are macro parameters.

I wanted to know a couple of things --
 1. Has anyone done this already?
 2. Will anybody be interested in using these macros?

Other comments/criticisms are welcome too.

-Kedar

P.S.  POV 3.5 documentation says that spherical uv mapping is
"boring".  I don't see how :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'clothtex1.jpg' (93 KB)