POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : GCC 3.1.1 Athlon Optimized Build : Re: GCC 3.1.1 Athlon Optimized Build Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GCC 3.1.1 Athlon Optimized Build
From: John Coppens
Date: 4 Aug 2002 15:53:12
Message: <20020804165457.0e16a35a.jcoppens@usa.net>
Ken Cecka wrote:
> Coming in on the heels of everyone else's compiling woes and optimized
> builds, I just got around to doing my own, and thought I'd post my results.
> I don't have the official linux build or the windows build installed to do
> comparisons with, but I did a default build and an optimized build, and
> have results for each on my system:

Hi Ken.

I ran the Athlon version on my machine and got the following error:

Parsing...Scene File Parser Initialization Error: I/O restriction prohibits read
access to file 'benchmark.pov'.
Refer to the platform specific documentation for details.

The only thing I changed was the executable. The original 3.5 version gave:

Time For Parse:    0 hours  0 minutes   6.0 seconds (6 seconds)
Time For Photon:   0 hours  2 minutes  46.0 seconds (166 seconds)
Time For Trace:    1 hours  7 minutes  18.0 seconds (4038 seconds)
    Total Time:    1 hours 10 minutes  10.0 seconds (4210 seconds)

quite similar to your run.

Ideas?

John