POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV editor for Linux : Gnome 2 released : [was]POV editor for Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Gnome 2 released : [was]POV editor for Linux
From: Spider
Date: 27 Jun 2002 20:11:06
Message: <20020628020912.1f3c6fb4.spider@gentoo.org>
begin  quote
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:56:17 +0200

> Gnome 2 is released !
> After KDE 3.0, the desktop windows manager are very active at the
> moment.
>
> I'll have a look to know what the new features.
Well, its interesting since it seems to take the stance away from KDE's
"many obvious features and configurations" into a cleaner and simpler
intereface, I won't get you on the which-is-better debate, and I dont
think that it will replace my favourite BlackBox in the long run either
(not the flux/black-box debate either, sorry ;)

Technologywise Gnome 2 is quite interesting, with a lot of nice work
going into i18n and a11y. To package and ship it has been quite an
experience, and surprisingly easy for such a large and complex system.

Well, Im still waiting for more applications, hopefully they'll come
"soon", and I'm really looking forwards to something like Kpovmodeller
in Gnome2 .... http://www.kpovmodeler.org/screenshots.html

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)