POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Traditional raytracing desktop - inspired : Re: Traditional raytracing desktop - inspired Server Time
16 Aug 2024 04:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Traditional raytracing desktop - inspired
From: WhiteGandalf
Date: 1 May 2002 16:40:51
Message: <20020501224024954+0200@news.povray.org>
> The checker pattern uses a very nice function I made that is like the
> checker pattern, but has even gradients into the center of the squares,
> so I was able to easily make grooves between the "tiles".

How did you do that? by putting together many single objects? or by
using a texture? I would be interested since I need a similar effect (
for a totally different effect). Somehow I miss a constructive texturing
in the sense of a shader in POV. I experimented using checker + a normal
map, but this was limiting and I don't get the desired result.

ric