POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : unix version 3.5 ? : v3.5 beta2 under Wine (was Re: unix version 3.5 ?) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  v3.5 beta2 under Wine (was Re: unix version 3.5 ?)
From: Alex Vandiver
Date: 17 Sep 2001 14:47:32
Message: <20010917.144656.188213258.3613@mit.edu>
In article <3s4bqtslnrdcid2coe4dtpdpb0grert61c@4ax.com>, "Peter Popov"
<pet### [at] vipbg> wrote:
> So for now, keep your fingers crossed, hold your breath and if you have
> Wine, try installing POV under Wine. While not officially supported by
> the Team, I'm sure it'll be interesting to see how well it behaves.
> You're not the only one with barely any Windows access...
  My computer dual-boots into Windows 2000, so while I don't have massive
withdrawl symptoms, rebooting is a pain.  I therefore tried running POV
3.5 beta2 under Wine.  Essentially, it starts up, gives a few errors, then
shows the full GUI -- with the messages pane completely blank.  All of the
menus and buttons look functional, but attempting to load or render a file
causes it to hang.
  Anyways, that's all I got it to do.  Hope others are more successful
than I.
 - Alex Vandiver