POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Dominos without MechSim (0/2) : Re: No easy parallel rending with actual mechsim's :-) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No easy parallel rending with actual mechsim's :-)
From: Willem
Date: 17 Feb 2003 06:45:45
Message: <1uh15v8viimee6pr3e0ap8sa2jte5n90vn@4ax.com>
Theo,

Thanks for your support, but that will not help you in the
short run !!

The mechsim patch calculates all data on a per-scene basis,
because it needs the input from the previous frames.

All you need to do is saving all the data sets from each step
and you have made you own animation compiler !!

(Distibuted) rendering is then step number two, but that is easy
acccmplished on linux/unix boxes with a set of scripts.

B.t.w. I go one step deeper, I have found that my decicated rendering
machine, a old BP6 with dual celeron cpu, is actually faster if I
trace multiple scenes at the same time, so I do lots of partial
renderings, which are glued into complete frames later.

Success !!

Willem