POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.1 beta : Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta Server Time
18 Jun 2024 08:45:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.1 beta
From: ABX
Date: 17 Aug 2004 03:26:32
Message: <1ub3i0pi9bvuus07f9vt35ab887dap3tr6@4ax.com>
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:06:45 +0200, Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
wrote:
> - the documentation is still not complete, the post processing patch is
> missing there for example.

For braves who knows how to experiment with beta versions, there are sample
scenes for postprocessing. Please imagine syntax from there or wait for
completion of manual.

> - there are a few problems with CAMERA_VIEW_PATCH.  You can use it but
> it might lead to unexpected results.

Making this more precise: there is nothing wrong in using
pigment{camera_view{...}} as described in manual and is used in delivered
samples. The known problem appears in the shadow thrown by object textured
with camera_view pattern and viewed inside camera_view itself. Since in
majority of the applications this shadow use small area of the image itself,
and is rather dark, the bug it hardly noticable (and therefore appeared to us
in final stage of preparing MP11), so I would like to encourage to experiment
with this feature as well so other possible problems could be focused.

ABX