POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rerender of previous post (for Simon and Steve) : Re: Rerender of previous post (for Simon and Steve) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rerender of previous post (for Simon and Steve)
From: Glen Berry
Date: 5 Mar 2000 15:02:54
Message: <1rrCOPwiu5BzDoFg2ELPRlkAumd3@4ax.com>
>I'd be interested to know from one of the photographers out there if you can
>actually get two different shaped lense flares in the same image.
Yes... but it would almost certainly involve multiple exposures, and
in this case, moving the lighting between exposures or multiple lights
that are individually switchable.

First, take one exposure with a light arranged to give you the
highlight on the left. Use a 6-point star filter for this exposure.

Second, move the light to a new position to give the highlight on the
right. Use a 4-point star filter to photograph the same scene with the
new lighting. This second exposure is done on the same frame of film
as the first.

Individual exposure times will need to be cut in half, in relation to
a normal single exposure of the scene, to restore a proper over-all
brightness for the frame.

So yes, it can be done.

Later,
Glen Berry