POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Merry christmas [70k] : Re: Merry christmas [70k] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Merry christmas [70k]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Dec 2003 06:52:03
Message: <1qg5c1-21n.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   By "not much control" you mean really "no control at all", isn't? I
> think this is a "feature", the main feature for a sky model, IMHO: I
> don't have to think on the colors. Of course, you can always ignore
> SunColor and use whatever you want for a concrete artistic effect. I
> tried for example using a blackbody between 2000 and 6500 K, depending
> on the altitude, and it also works nicely.

You have quite a bit of control over the sky appearance with the
Current_Turbidity and Intensity_Mult parameters.  But still it is
somewhat limited - there is no difference made between dust turbidity
and fog turbidity for example.  I agree that it's a nice thing to have a
light setup you can use without thinking and that works reasonably well
then but for a scene that needs a lot of work otherwise you usually want
to have more control on the sky as well.

Christoph

Last updated 25 Oct. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______