POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Green radioactive goo in black containers (JPG, 63K) : Re: Green radioactive goo in black containers (JPG, 63K) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 15:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Green radioactive goo in black containers (JPG, 63K)
From: Greg Edwards
Date: 27 Feb 2003 16:28:16
Message: <1ore12h4jadri$.1cl8z3x9stkf3$.dlg@40tude.net>
On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:01:17 +0100, Peter Hertel wrote:

>> This scene came to my mind just after I woke up yesterday. Simple but
>> dark and moody. I guess the aperture should be reduced a bit, but I
>> don't want to re-render that beast, it took nearly 11h on my Athlon XP
>> 1700+.
> Looks awesome, I like the mood!
>
>> Ah, and what do you think of the resolution 1280x1024, which has a
>> non-4:3 aspect ratio? Is it ok to post such images here or does anyone
>> object?
> People (myself included) tend to ask for higher resolution images
> anyway, so if the size is reasonable (like yours), it might be just as
> good to post the large render right away.
>
> 1600x1200 BMP anyone? ;)
>
> Great work!
>
> -Peter

PNG's a better (smaller) lossless format and 1600x1200 is great! I always
render my finals at 1600x1200 +a0.1 and scale em down later (while hanging
on to the originals). I think sticking to the 4x3 apect ratio for wallpaper
is good and I'm not sure why they decided to use 1280x1024 as a standard
resolution instead of 1280x960 or 1440x1080. Shame...