POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing 1..2..3 (100k) : Re: Testing 1..2..3 (100k) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing 1..2..3 (100k)
From: Greg Edwards
Date: 28 Feb 2003 23:10:13
Message: <1ly2v71gsjew3.zdahoocev004.dlg@40tude.net>
On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 02:52:03 +0100, Ive wrote:

> Thats what I do call blue and does
> in fact not exist in the original image because these blue shifts are produced
> by the resampling filter. And thats what I did try to say.
>
> -Ive

It's visible to me that there was a blue *shift* in the original image, but
since the main colour in the image was yellow, the resulting edge colour
was closer to green. I've attached another image where the main colour was
corrected to make the main colour white and you can visibly see the left
column is red and the right column is blue. The only filter applied is a
RGB multiply filter with gamma taken into account. And I do think you're
right in one way about the first enlargement filter. It makes the right
edge appear more blue but the shift *towards* blue was already present in
the image. I've never known of any resample filter that treated different
colour channels differently and I think that this one is no different.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'colour-tint-white.gif' (5 KB)

Preview of image 'colour-tint-white.gif'
colour-tint-white.gif