POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : IsoCacti.pov : Re: IsoCacti.pov Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IsoCacti.pov
From: Mike Williams
Date: 1 Dec 2001 09:03:05
Message: <1lhKWBAHJOC8Ewd3@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Jide who wrote:
>Athlon, 512 Mb ram, Win ME, beta 8(both compiles)
>
>IsoCacti.pov in advanced dir gives dozens of max_gradient found
>was 0.000 warnings for line 73.
>Is this a bug or a case of "bad" functions?

I think it's a consequence of this change (from changes.txt)

Change 1239 on 2001/11/02 by thorsten@host27

  Some more isosurface changes to re-enable 'evaluate', which is
   now only responsible for the 'dynamic max_gradient' method.
  The found maximum gradient will always be printed based on
   certain rules. It is no longer necessary to use 'evaluate' only
   to see the found maximum gradient!

There are 754 isosurfaces in the scene (the ground, 3 cacti and 750
small stones) and an evaluate warning is displayed for each one of them.
(It's a good job the "too many evaluates" bug got fixed).

The details of the evaluate warnings are not correct. Many of them
suggest that the max_gradient should be changed to 0.000, but that's not
a legal value.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure