POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Subsurface scattering with media : Subsurface scattering with media Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Subsurface scattering with media
From: Greg Edwards
Date: 15 Jan 2003 22:11:10
Message: <1gb1qx7ev2f61.1o6hbt06r5ogh.dlg@40tude.net>
Hello, I've been using POV for a few years now although I've never really
made anything truly spectacular. Anyway, I've been trying to simulate
subsurface scattering with POV's media. I've found it looks a lot better
with photon mapping turned off. The first image is a render with ior 1.4
for the object with no photons. The second has no refraction in the object
but the results are very similar... I should have more images once my POV
finishes rendering the title screen for a game I'm making. 0 PPS so far...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sss ior 1_4.jpg' (169 KB) Download 'sss ior 1_0.jpg' (165 KB)

Preview of image 'sss ior 1_4.jpg'
sss ior 1_4.jpg

Preview of image 'sss ior 1_0.jpg'
sss ior 1_0.jpg