POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My 1st post, not a sphere ! : Re: My 1st post, not a sphere ! Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My 1st post, not a sphere !
From: Kaveh
Date: 21 Aug 2003 04:04:58
Message: <1g01adq.8fj1v8d2s0jgN%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>
Boris Ostrovskiy <bor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> This is my first post, you can see the improvement in the 2 images, what
> else can i change to make it look more realistic.
> I spend a good amount of time making this macro, so now it can make any
> screw/bolt with given pitch, length, and diameter

[...]

Modelling is great. On the lighter one, the main problem is that the
shadows in the object are too light compared with the darkest areas of
the background. Was this postprocessed?

I took it into PhotoShop and darkened these shadows. (Should have done
same to the reflection.) I think this looks better:

http://www.bazargan.org/SCREW-V2.jpg

Of course you want to get pov to generate this directly.