POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? : Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac? Server Time
18 May 2024 07:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any news on an update to 3.5 for Mac?
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 22 Dec 2002 09:18:31
Message: <1fnlm8j.1ve5dhx1kfrl2aN%yvos.s@gmx.net>
Martin Crisp <Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> wrote:

[...]
> Abyss.pov renders at the speed I'd expect for 30 seconds, then
> slows drastically - in the first 30 seconds it maybe manages 45
> scanlines, in the next 15 minutes it manages about 15 scanlines.
Hmm, always after 30 secons you say...
This looks like a setting in the energy saver control panel.
I don't have that option on my dual but on my iMac it was there.
You should try this: once POV start to render slow, simply move the
mouse a little bit.
If rendering speeds up again, you should go an take a look at the energy
savings panel.
I don't now the correct name but look for something to slow down the
cpu.

Yvo
--
MacMegaPOV at: