POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Build 173 not working in Mac OS 9.1 : Build 173 not working in Mac OS 9.1 Server Time
18 May 2024 02:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Build 173 not working in Mac OS 9.1
From: Stéphane Nicolet
Date: 27 Nov 2002 18:51:30
Message: <1fmc1a0.1ccpuzt1rng9j4N%cassio@free.fr>
Hi all,

Is there a solution to make POV-Ray 3.5 (build 173) work in Mac 0S 9.1 ?
I had no problem running the beta versions some months ago, but the
final 3.5 wouldn't render any scene at all, even when I try increasing
the memory I give to it.

Here is how to duplicate the problem :

1) launch POV-RAY 3.5 : the copyright message appears in the "Message
console"
2) open any scene file (for exemple from the 'scenes' folder)
3) make sure all preview options are OK using the 'Render Settings'
   multi-pane dialog
4) hit command-R (or use the menu option)

Symptoms :

The dialog "Render Progress" shows up, with an animated infinite
candy bar. The dialog is functional (the arrow is working to
shrink/expand it) but nothing happens : the candy bar turns,
there are no new messages at all in the "Messages" console.

The only way out is to force-quit POV-Ray (option-cmd-esc)
after a couple of minutes of candy bar mesmerization.

Specifications of my Mac :

Performa 6400 with a G3/400 Sonnet card.
System 9.1 (French)
CarbonLib 1.5

Sincerely yours,
Stephane.