POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Question: Problem Compiling MegaPOV v0.7 : Re: Question: Problem Compiling MegaPOV v0.7 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Question: Problem Compiling MegaPOV v0.7
From: smellenbergh
Date: 13 Feb 2001 18:48:12
Message: <1eosh5b.bzvlphcau1tuN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>

> In article <3A8917E3.848C7D35@mail.ourservers.net> , Robert Byer
> <bye### [at] mailourserversnet>  wrote:
>
> > My question, is "#pragma peephole off" needed?  Is this something
> > that was used for testing and not removed?
>
> While I am in no way responsible for the code of MegaPOV, I can tell
> what it is:  One current Mac compiler has a bug in its peephole
> optimiser which causes an internal compiler error if some other
> optimisations are on as well.  I guess someone added the pragma to the
> source code to still get peephole optimisations in the other parts of
> the code by leaving the global optimisation flag on.  Just remove it.
That someone was me (Yvo Smellenbergh).
Normally I remove those things in the sources but Nathan didn't complain
so I guess his compiler had no problem with it.
You can easely remove them, lets hope that we don't need them anymore
once CodeWarrior is updated!
Yvo Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe