POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 0.6a 'transform id' bug : Now it has gone away :-) [Re: It's unfortunately still there...] Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Now it has gone away :-) [Re: It's unfortunately still there...]
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Date: 29 Nov 2000 13:11:46
Message: <1ekvggb.r6n03hga00nmN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:

>         Sorry, but when again trying on a Digital Alpha architecture,
> my cube example above crashes with floating exception. This is for
> mpov-0.6.2 which is based on MegaPOV 0.6a.
>
>         Looking back into the source, the infamous Compose_Transform()
> with an unassigned &Local_Trans is still there. It does not crash
> Linux and SGI, but does for DEC. I cannot test other architectures,
> including, in particular, Win or MacOS (maybe could with SunOS).

>         The weird image I obtained previously with the mpov-0.6.1 code
> has been solved by another portion of code in parse.c; using a 'diff'
> on files of the two distro, mpov-0.6.2/parse.c has some change from
> the lines 9004 to 9007 in Parse_Transform() function. The problem I'm
> talking about is at line 1081 in Parse_Object_Mods().

This is indeed wrong and a bug. However, it doesn't crash the Mac
either.

Anyway, looking at the source, it seems to me that it has been a bug
even before the TransformPatch.

>         I hope this will be fixed in the next MegaPOV release, or I
> will have to report it again ;-)
Well, I have fixed that now so if there is ever going to be a next MP it
will be fixed.
I guess I overlooked that specific problem, sorry for that!

Smellenbergh
--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh