POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.6a Available : Re: MegaPov 0.6a Available Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.6a Available
From: smellenbergh
Date: 16 Oct 2000 17:28:33
Message: <1eilyih.14qd26v1dsypaN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Vahur Krouverk <vah### [at] aetecee> wrote:

> Nathan Kopp wrote:
> >
> > We are happy to announce the release of MegaPov 0.6a.  This is a bugfix
> > release to clean up some problems with MegaPov 0.6.
> >
> I'm happy to hear this!
> But during testing of my patch I've found memory leak in old version
> (0.6) and seems like it ain't fixed in new version either:
> Function InitMallocCaches in file lighting.c allocates cache sizes
> (ShadowMediaListCacheSize, LightingMediaListCacheSize &
> MediaIntervalCacheSize), but does not free them in DeInitMallocCaches.

I discovered those memory leaks while working on 0.6. They were fixed
there and they remain fixed in 0.6a.
In lighting.c at about line 6804 in function DeInitMallocCaches() you
will find a block of code which starts like this:

  /*YS sept 17 2000 memory leak fix */
  if ( ShadowMediaListCacheSize != NULL)
POV_FREE(ShadowMediaListCacheSize);
    ShadowMediaListCacheSize=NULL;
[...]

Are you sure you use the most recent sources and not those that were on
Nathans home page for a few hours when 0.6 was released? They were not
those of the release 0.6 at that time.

Yvo Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe