POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : eval doesn't report anything : Re: eval doesn't report anything Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: eval doesn't report anything
From: smellenbergh
Date: 9 Oct 2000 13:55:35
Message: <1ei913j.1atszc41qnsmioN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Tony[B] <ben### [at] panamac-comnet> wrote:

> > Fixed it again in MP 0.6a.
>
> Again? Oh, well, it's sweet anyway. Thanks. :)  Are you waiting for more
> bugs to surface, or will you put it out soon.
Well, not again but simply fixed. This happens when you think in dutch
while trying to write english :-)

Don't know yet when exactly 0.6a will be out. We don't want to wait too
long because there are some serious bugs in 0.6.
However, as you suggest, waiting a bit might be the right way to go.
Don't know what Nathan's point of view is at this time.

> BTW, does anyone here feel the need to make a test file that uses all of
> MegaPOV's features in one scene? I mean, just run that, and you can tell
> right away if a bug has been introduced.

It's a good idea but actually writing such a scene is something else.
Have you any idea how complex the syntax is? We added dialog templates
in our GUI for almost every feature of POV-Ray/MegaPOV (to see what we
mean, there are some screenhots on our home page).
We had to look for every keyword where and how it can be used. If you
see all the possible combinations and exceptions you will realise that
it is just not possible to have it all in one scene.

We rendered *all* demo scenes before releasing 0.6. Those scenes should
cover all new features in MegaPOV but even this wasn't enough to
discover those bugs in 0.6.

Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe