POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapovplus glows : Re: Megapovplus glows Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapovplus glows
From: smellenbergh
Date: 27 Sep 2000 12:10:47
Message: <1ehmqh4.c2356i1u7rkttN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Gail Shaw <gsh### [at] monotixcoza> wrote:

> This is mainly for Chris but anyone else playing with glows may
> want to take note.
>
> I've been working on a scene with glows and I've encountered a problem
>
> Glows do not behave well when #declared.
>
> The following gives an error.
[...]
We just discovered that while testing the patch. We will take a look at
it, but Chris, if you find a solution before us: Please send it over!
Thanks.

> gives a warning that there should be at least 2 objects in a CSG
> and places the glow in the scene.
>
> A subsequent call
> object {Test}
> simply places the sphere into the scene.
>
> Also pov-ray returns an error if a glow is the last thing in a scene.
We fixed that one for MegaPov 0.6. A small fix is still needed for a
simular problem.

Smellenbergh

> Chris, are these issues going to be addressed in the next version?
>
> Gail
> * gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
> * http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
> * If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *

e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh