POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : MegaPOVPlus 0.3 released(with glow effect) : Bug in MegaPOVPlus 0.3 [ Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3 released(with glow effect)] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 20:22:08 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in MegaPOVPlus 0.3 [ Re: MegaPOVPlus 0.3 released(with glow effect)]
From: smellenbergh
Date: 7 Sep 2000 14:17:39
Message: <1egls4q.yh03fo16qs2ccN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:

> I have just released MegaPOVPlus 0.5a mod 0.3, an unofficial version
> based on MegaPOV.
[...]

If this bug has been reported before, please ignore this message.
Could you please try to set only one (or as less as possible) group as
'followup' when you post a message? Just like I did now?
Your original posting is very difficult to track because different
messages are in various groups.

Back to business :-)
Just tried that patch but the glow stuff doesn't work.
Well, it does work but when finishing a render Pov crashes.
I wonder why nobody else had this problem. Ok, I did make my own compile
based on my unofficial GUI and perhaps coincidence has its role too.

Bugfix:
in glow.c, fucntion Destroy_Glow_List () could be changed like this:

void Destroy_Glow_List(GLOW * Glow_List)
{
  GLOW * Glow = Glow_List;
  GLOW *NextGlow;
  while(Glow != NULL)
  {
    NextGlow=Glow->next;
    POV_FREE(Glow);
    Glow = NextGlow;
  }
}

it was:
void Destroy_Glow_List(GLOW * Glow_List)
{
  GLOW * Glow = Glow_List;
  while(Glow != NULL)
  {
    POV_FREE(Glow);
    Glow = Glow->next;;
  }
}
You were using memory that was already freed!

Yvo Smellenbergh
---
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh