POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Persistent Variables - Help! : Re: Persistent Variables - Help! Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistent Variables - Help!
From: smellenbergh
Date: 9 Jun 2000 13:51:17
Message: <1ebz4po.9q446i1elr5j4N%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Michael Andrews <M.C### [at] readingacuk> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to implement the falling cloth idea to do an animation. I
> thought, to make things easier, I'd investigate persistent variables.
> Unfortunately I must be missing something.

Look no further, it's a bug introduced in 0.5a.

If you have access to a compiler and the sources you can fix it by
moving this block of code at line 1695 in povray.c in function
init_frame_vars():

  /* NK persist - Nov 1999 */
  alreadyInitializedSymTables = 0;
to the function init_vars(), also in povray.c, doesn't matter where.

Best regards,

Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe