POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MacMegaPov Pict File : Re: MacMegaPov Pict File Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MacMegaPov Pict File
From: smellenbergh
Date: 29 May 2000 14:04:53
Message: <1ebephp.bf8x8nm92ammN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote:

> This machine might be having other problems. I know that other file formats
> arent' giving me grief and if I delete the pic file, I can render without
> difficulty. '
> The error happens right after the "creating vista buffer." line in the
> message window.
I was hoping that it could be related to the file name (spaces or odd
charachters).
Did my best but every time I use a Pict as output it works fine. Tried a
lot of things, compression, no compression,...

> I'm running low on hard drive space (less than 20 megs) and It seems
> POV-Rayneeds a lot of memory. Should it really be 65000 K? The mac I have to
> work with only has 32 built in.... this might be part of the problem.

Oeps,... thought we lowerd it to 16000K before we uploaded 0.5. No, you
don't really need 65000K, try something like 10Mb but better 16Mb or
more. It all depends on the kind of image you are rendering. Yesterday I
rendered an image and had to give 150 Mb using virtual memory..
That is one of the few things I don't like about MacOS... you have to
set the amount of memory.

Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe