POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV and "i_dat3d" : Re: MegaPOV and "i_dat3d" Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV and "i_dat3d"
From: smellenbergh
Date: 12 Dec 1999 19:25:45
Message: <1e2q842.cr3q59f5jznkN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
david sharp <dsh### [at] interportnet> wrote:
> I am planning on cramming in the 2d and 3d density data support (from
> SuperPatch "i_dat3d.dll")  into a DJGPP build of MegaPOV so that
> those data file functions, like the other formerly external functions,
> can be used without needing special dll's.
> But I am wondering if this is already planned for a near future update
> of MegaPOV. I mean, I haven't actually started and if somebody is
> already working on it, I would like to know if the effort would be a waste
> of time (if, for example, density file support hass already been finished,
> or well underway.).
We (MacMegaPov) have plans to do so. Meaning to do so for MegaPov 0.2
but there wasn't time enough.
Don't know when and how but that i_dat3d must be available for everyone.
It can be implemented as a build in lib but the initialisation is giving
problems. How handling future libs?
We will take a look at it.

smellenbergh

--