POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) : Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 16:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug in pigment object (Chris Huff's patch)
From: smellenbergh
Date: 9 Dec 1999 16:55:58
Message: <1e2k579.1gsrx1f1wliibaN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

[...]
> I was unable to reproduce this. I rendered the first one(320*240, no AA)
> then rendered the second, and repeated this, but nothing goes wrong.
> Are you using just the sources I uploaded, or are you adding them to
> your version? If you are adding them to your version, make sure add the
> code which copies and destroys proxObj.
We use our GUI but we start with clean sources 3.1g without any
modifications. We throw your sources in the source folder and then
compile.

There is no media, we use the two sources at the start of this chain.

> Hmn, I don't think this should be a problem, but to destroy the object,
> I used this:
>   if(Tpat->proxObject != NULL)
>   {
>       Destroy_Object((OBJECT *)Tpat->proxObject);
>       POV_FREE ((OBJECT *)Tpat->proxObject);
>   }
> Is the call to POV_FREE necessary? I don't think it is.
> I had copied it from Destroy_CSG, and interpreted it as destroying the
> pieces of the object, but not freeing the actual object. Now that I look
> at it more closely, this seems likely to be the problem. Try deleting
> the line
>       POV_FREE ((OBJECT *)Tpat->proxObject);
> and see if that fixes it.
Well, we commented that line out and guess what: no more freezes!
It seems logic too! :-) (easy to say afterwards, isn't it?)

Smellenbergh

--
e-mail:sme### [at] skynetbe

http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh