POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Weird Electricity (350KB) : Re: Weird Electricity (350KB) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 07:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird Electricity (350KB)
From: Justin Whitton
Date: 24 Jun 2001 16:18:40
Message: <1dicjtshls24nbrk49itngfdc0rd2knjb0@4ax.com>
On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:02:16 +0200, "Rune"
<run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:
>I've changed my macros so that the electricity can follow any path, and so
>that the color along it can also be fully controlled by the user.

Any chance of seeing the macro?

>I made some slightly silly examples in the attached animation because I
>couldn't think of any practical uses for it. Oh well...

Silly examples are fine, POV-ray renders what you ask, its not
constrained to the real world. This all started with electronic doodle
which was an exercise in creating a pretty animation, not an exercise
in practicality :-)

>Comments appreciated!

What happens if a fly gets caught in one of those electron stream?

>By the way, do anybody know what the name is for those electric beam
>thingies? Lightning? Electric sparks? ... ?
>
>Rune

Justin Whitton
 \/  \ mail: jus### [at] rayjayclaracouk /  \/
_/\__/ web: http://www.rayjay.clara.co.uk/     \__/\_
 \/  \ MSN Messenger ID:msn### [at] rayjayclaracouk /  \/
_/\__/ ICQ Messenger ID:100218081              \__/\_