POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : hallo patterns : Re: hallo patterns Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hallo patterns
From: Mathias Broxvall
Date: 28 May 1998 16:00:01
Message: <1d9re0j.2oied31rhaahaN@dialup159-2-23.swipnet.se>
Deneux Johann <den### [at] club-internetfr> wrote:

> I modified POV to allow the use of any pattern to modellize the
> particle-repartition of a hallo. To see some examples, you can have a
> look at my homepage (look bol.jpg, too).

Interesting... I think I have made exactly the same patch too...
I modified the isosurface patch so that one can use custom made
functions as the density mapping to halos. Does your patch work
the same or is it only possible to use one of povrays "own"
patterns as the density mapping? (I checked your homepage but
I don't speak French)
I haven't yet release my "patch" since it is small. (less than 50
lines needed). Please check www.lysator.liu.se/~mbrx/p5d for an
example of what one can do using my patch idea. (The patch
presented there is outdated... and can be accomplised simpler)

/ Mathias Broxvall

PS. Keep up the good work - patching povray... that's what
makes povray so great...
.DS