POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X-server : Re: X-server Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X-server
From: Peter Popov
Date: 16 Feb 2000 19:06:45
Message: <1TirOKXpm0zO437fC+bejErmyhn1@4ax.com>
On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:48:29 +0100, Axel Hecht
<ah### [at] numerikuni-kielde> wrote:

>If OpenGL is supported depends on two parts: First you'll need the Mesa
>libs on the linux PC and you'll need an XServer on your Windows machine,
>that supports GLX (that is the protocol for sending OpenGL via X) and
>uses your Windows OpenGL driver to do so.

The application I am using (Moonlight, from moonlight3d.com) has its
own GL library. I don't think it uses Mesa (I'll ask the authors). My
X server does not support GLX nor OpenGL, any idea of a Win32 X server
which does this? One with a downloadable demo would be great.

>Vague at least. Sorry.

Not at all, this is most useful info. Thanks a lot.

Peter Popov
pet### [at] tagpovrayorg
ICQ: 15002700