POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HDRI tests (200 kbu) : Re: HDRI tests (200 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDRI tests (200 kbu)
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 23 Dec 2002 20:26:24
Message: <1976600.qA3ka4jJYh@3-e.net>
For lighting (rather than reflection mapping) you would not need more than
the brightest 10% of pixels in the image, these could be lights behind a
translucent sphere that held the matching image map so that you still had
reflection/environment mapping. The lights would need to be directed at the
center of the sphere so as to avoid them illuminating the dark parts of the
map/sky.

--
Your connection failed because: Redundant ACLs.