POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : ik run (120 kb - quicktime) : Re: ik run (120 kb - quicktime) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:33:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ik run (120 kb - quicktime)
From: Reusser
Date: 19 Aug 2001 21:40:41
Message: <190820012039213420%reu1000@chorus.net>
In article <3b7fd68d@news.povray.org>, Rune
<run### [at] mobilixnetdk> wrote:

> Very nice, but I think it looks like a mix between a run cycle and a walk
> cycle. I think you could try to make it more dynamic looking.

I was trying to make it look like more of a jog than a run, but I see
your point.  Maybe it would help if the feet lifted up off of the
ground a little more.  Right now, there is very little time when both
feet are off the ground, and that is what makes a run a run.

> I've made some walk cycles / run cycles myself. They're not perfect either,
> but maybe you can use them for inspiration. If interested, go to
> http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/3d/anims/anims.html

I took a look at those just yesterday and they look great to me.  I
know were not here to critique your work, but the only thing I noticed
was that the run cycle looked a little too smooth for a fast run.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll keep working on it.

 - Rico