POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : moonbase : Re: [OT] Re: moonbase Server Time
1 Oct 2024 15:24:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [OT] Re: moonbase
From: Pete
Date: 9 Sep 2000 11:11:55
Message: <1878.287T1075T6584100PeterC@nym.alias.net>
Paul Vanukoff wrote ... (regarding the titling of the first
Star Wars movie)

--

        After reading your post, I decided to do a little research.
I couldn't refer to the actual movie, since my copy is the one with

 Star Wars
 Episode IV
 A New Hope
 from the
 Journal of the Wills
 by George Lucas

        Wow!
        Interesting, and not what I had remembered.  This supports
the idea that Lucas had intended from the beginning to make it a
multi-part series.  He didn't just shoot off one movie and then
decide to "invent" prequall movies after seeing the profits of the
first movie.
        But I still don't know that the original release of the
movie actually printed "episode IV" in the beginning scrolly
text intro.  I'de love to find a shot of the opening title from the
"original" (1977) release of the movie.
        And I wonder what the Journal of the Wills could be?

        Err, umm, getting back on topic ... or at least to
something remotely pov-ish ...
        In The Star Wars Sketchbook, I read that the surface
details of the Death Star (except for those towers with the gun
turrets on them) were assembled from multiple copies of only
six shapes.  Sounds like a process that could be POV-able, eh?
Six meshes, tiled using macros and some rand() calls ... kewel.

Pete