POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Linux GUI for POV 3.5? : Re: Linux GUI for POV 3.5? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux GUI for POV 3.5?
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 29 Aug 2001 17:43:09
Message: <1875216.0gbHreEdlv@3-e.net>
That is why I mentioned Jedit.
There is also a Java 3d modeler called Art of Illusion that could be merged
with Jedit, the Java front-end could then call the POV and GIMP engines.
being able to mix modeled and hand coded POV instructions at the same time
would be really cool, I know of no other software that lets you do this.

Such a hybrid Java front-end would provide a very complete cross platform
package. Having a POV<->GIMP interaction under code control would open up a
whole world of possibilities, inc the pre-rendering of static procedural
textures, which has been shown to give a large speed up to multi-frame
renderings, i.e. animation. (see SIGGRAPH 2001 papers )