POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Non fatal access violation triggered by bad image_map{ code : Non fatal access violation triggered by bad image_map{ code Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Non fatal access violation triggered by bad image_map{ code
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 10 Jul 2002 20:45:59
Message: <1814030.kOUxIo8Drn@3-e.net>
Non fatal access violation caused in Win 3.5 by this silly error of mine;
pigment {image_map{jpeg "my_tex.tif" interpolate 2}   rotate x*180}
NB the jpeg .tif contradiction.
I changed the image type but did not change all of my POV code.
POV did not pick this up and just returned an access violation warning.
Should POV check actual file type against expected type when it parses the
code and opens the image files? Is this error due to a assumptive memory
allocation BEFORE the image file is opened?