POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : latest WIP [136 K] : Re: latest WIP [136 K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 14:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: latest WIP [136 K]
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 28 Jun 2005 03:41:21
Message: <13v1c1doaj9vp1i9v788iopp7jautvnps2@4ax.com>
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:26:01 -0400, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom>
wrote:

>> The path doesn't fit the back/mid ground. I can't put my finger on it

>> seem mismatched with respect to the path, I think.
>
>Now that one I didn't quite expect.  But in a way you are pointing to
>the thing that was bothering me too, but I saw it in terms of the
>coloring.  This coloring was the first solution I was halfway happy
>with, ie the red brick road way and the light facing, but I wasn't sure
>it it would sell.

Yes the colouring but not of the walkway but the hillock. The texture
looks right if it is about a mile away but the path shows it is much
closer. This part of the image is hard to look at for me. Eye and mind
in conflict if you know what I mean. I like the lighting, the red
brick road and the water. I've already mentioned the trees and ivy I
think. The real shoes are a bit obscured by the bushes in the
background and I would like to see what they looked like lying
carelessly on the ground, at least one of them.

>> Besides that, I
>> think you're getting a foot fetish, Jim :-)
>
>Yeah, but that's old news.  Melly nailed me on that one like four years
>ago.

Before my time. I only discovered the newsgroup when Moray 3.5 went
into beta. Anyway Tom has an eye for that sort of thing being a bit of

>http://www21.brinkster.com/jrcsurvey/paintings/selectedmenu.html

Thanks for the link, very nice to see some of your work. I am
impressed.

Regards
        Stephen