POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred Reflection, again (+ source) : Re: Blurred Reflection, again (+ source) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 12:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred Reflection, again (+ source)
Date: 13 Jun 2002 10:27:50
Message: <13ahgugvmlrndinjkam89a8rakp91ljihs@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:06:15 -0400, "TinCanMan" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:
> > - are you aware about noise_generator used in f_noise3D ? I think you expect
> >   that values of f_noise3D so "evenly" distributed. That's not true for all
> >   noise generators.
> I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here

In documentation look at chapters
  2.6.1  Noise Changes
  7.7.2  Internal Functions (f_noise_generator)
  6.7.12.4  Noise Generators
  6.11.10 Noise_generator
In sample files directory look for
  POV\samples\textures\noise_generator.pov
On news server look at
  http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test.binaries/19474/

> > - I think there are better binaries group on this server to post useful macros
> I suppose, but I didn't think it would be appropriate to post the image.

Who said it should be posted together? It's typical that macros and completes
scenes goes to one group and images with theirs appearance goes to p.b.i :-)

ABX