POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Really hot thing. : Really hot thing. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Really hot thing.
From: Alex Kluchikov
Date: 31 Jul 2003 18:14:33
Message: <1104_1059693233@news.povray.org>
The hot thing. Unfortunately, POV-Ray has no light glows. So, we have to be tricky.
Some people use a special objects, macros etc. Here I attempted to get an effect of
extremely bright
object by placing a lot of light sources along object. And second trick: camera sees
not the object, but it's reflection in the plane, so, the glows are not real light
glows, but their phong
highlights. I do not think this is a god idea for al times, but in this particular
scene it works.
 By the way, Russian for reflection is 'otrazhenije'.
 If anybody is interested in source, I'll post it in povray.binaries.scene-files.

 Sincerely yours, Alex Kluchikov.

P.S. Hope not to be boring with often posts and bad English.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hot.jpg' (79 KB)

Preview of image 'hot.jpg'