POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal : Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ATT: POV team and everyone - POV4 design proposal
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 Jan 2002 18:04:37
Message: <1104_1010963152@selliot>
> 'Write-ability' is an important issue too and most people here will
> probably agree that writing
>
> sphere { 0, 1 }
>
> is much easier and in this case IMO much faster to read too.

Only if you have some clue what the parameters do. For instance while
trying out the partical system and other features in MegaPOV+ I downloaded
some examples that where and older implimentation, One parameter didn't even
exist in the new version and the glow lights used a different syntax that literally
had one value sitting by itself with no explaination. Had I been using the patch
from the original author of that feature I may have had a file describing what it
was, but instead had to guess. I will take readability over write-ability any day. ;)
At least when I don't necessarilly have understandable documentation to work
with.