POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Is it a BUG ??? declaring of Variables ... : Is it a BUG ??? declaring of Variables ... Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Is it a BUG ??? declaring of Variables ...
From: walzer
Date: 2 Nov 2000 06:52:54
Message: <1103_973166133@saturn>
Hi ... I'm not sure if I'm right, and if I should post this here or
in p.bugreports ...

I saw this behaviour still in MP06a but I detected it first Time in
MP04 ... maybe it's the full MP-Codeline ...

I declared an Array :

		#declare A=array[100]

and in the following instruction I want to declare a variable,
using the "$"-Operator I get an Errormessage ...

		$B=1;

Here iss my File:
>--------------------------------
#version unofficial MegaPov 0.3;

#declare a=array[16]
$b=1;

#include "stdenv.inc"
>-----------------

Running on MP04 I get
the Output:

>--------------------
Parsing...This file was designed for (unofficial) MegaPov version
0.3.  You are using version 0.4.
Some features may have changed.
#version unofficial MegaPov 0.3;

#declare a=array[16]
$ <----ERROR

bugtest.pov:4: error: object or directive expected but $ found
instead.

When changing to

 #declare b=1;

everything is OK ....