POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : POV errors out of Moray : Re: POV errors out of Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV errors out of Moray
From: Pascal Golay
Date: 12 Mar 2000 22:49:37
Message: <1103_952919384@pgid>
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:14:40 GMT, lut### [at] stmuccom (Lutz Kretzschmar) wrote:
> Hi Pascal Golay, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Objects built by me in Rhino and exported as obj
> > and then 3dWin-ed into Moray 3.2 seem to work fine so far.
> Rhino can export directly to Moray via the UDO/INC export option.

Yes indeedy, but since I mostly render with NuGraf (at least until I get the hang of
this Moray/POV  approach) I send the geometry out as obj and this way I can use either

renderer and not have piles of extra exported files around. I do not anticipate making
much use of the modelling in Moray, but as a scene organizing tool and access to  POV
for
one who has less time than required to go direct, it's great. By the way, if MegaPOV
features are on the way to regular POV as I've heard rumored, will Moray interact with
all the
new stuff fairly soon? I am not getting MegaPOV to work at all so far, ( despite the
simple instructons... There are some fundamentals I'm missing about the POV world) but
it
looks like the ticket for product rendering. If anyone wants to hold my hand to get it
wotking I'd be forever grateful...

Thanks for your response,

-PG