POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : POV errors out of Moray : POV errors out of Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  POV errors out of Moray
From: Pascal Golay
Date: 12 Mar 2000 18:22:09
Message: <1103_952903337@pgid>
Hello all- I've been messing with Moray for a few days trying to see what the
possibilities are...pretty good I'd say so far. There are a couple of things I
caoulduse some advice on
however:
One is, in a scene I've just been working on, I imported some polygon meshes in obj
and 3ds formats via 3dwin, I ssiagned some materials and fired off the render button
with no
results. POV was sitting there with an error message, rather cryptic to me, can any
one enlighten me on what may be wrong?

Error message:

"#declare Legs_ref = object{
Legs <------ERROR

TestFurniture.pov:94: erroe: oblect expected but undeclared identifier 'Legs' found
instead."

Here's the part of the POV file I suppose it refers to, a few lines above and below:

/ ********  OBJECTS  *******
//

#include "G:\Program Files\Moray\POVScn\church_and_cargo.inc"

#declare Legs_Ref = object {
  Legs
  material {
    Chrome
  }
}
#declare LowShelfB_Ref = object {
  LowShelfB
  material {
    Cheap_GlassPG

The second thing I'd like to get straight is how Moray/POV uses image mapping-  So far
it looks as though POV cuts off anything on an object that is not covered by the image

map- if I scale it for example on the face of an imported cube, only the part of the
cube under the scaled image shows, even with another layer of plain solid color below
the
image map. How would one, for example, pace a rectangular label on the middle of a
face of a box? Could noe move it around to see how it looks in different places? Sorry
if i'm
being dense, thanks for any info...

-PG