POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Low illumination ideas? : Re: Low illumination ideas? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Low illumination ideas?
From: Mike Smith
Date: 16 Mar 1999 06:01:54
Message: <1103_921582110@time>
Ken

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I've done some more
tinkering around with the settings and the results are much
more encouraging. However the settings are want to control in
relation to the real sun are its vertical and horizontal position in
the sky (ie x,y,z). Your settings gave a range of 5-15degrees for
the angle of elevation, which were a touch on the dark side; I
changed this to give an elevation of 35degrees (300,350,-500)
and the results look quite close to a real image given an
elevation angle of ~10degrees. Do you have any suggestions
for "correcting" this?

If it is useful I have put the tga file on my website
(http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/5855/tga.zip);
both this and the sample image should have a pixel resolution
of ~30m, so they are comparable.

Cheers

Mike

PS If the image is automatically scaled between 0 and 1 on all
three axes, sun position y=54 makes it 54 times higher than the
maximum height??