POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Low illumination ideas? : Re: Low illumination ideas? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Low illumination ideas?
From: Mike Smith
Date: 15 Mar 1999 15:09:17
Message: <1103_921528553@time>
Ken

Thanks for the advice (and also the previous advice on heigth
field editors a while back!). I tinkered with some of the settings
you suggested; alas to no avail! I tried using the sky sphere and
fog separately and together and they appeared to make little
difference. I assume I can't be using them correctly, particularly
the fog option. I also tried using cylindrical light but this totally
washed out the image. As you can see I'm not particularly au
fait with all the settings and POV itself. One thing I forgot to
mention, but is obvious when you look at the images is that it is
rendered looking vertically down onto the landscape.

As an aside, how can I find the bounds of the coordinates
currently being used for the imported heigthfield??

Thanks

mike